Arizona Bike Accident Attorneys
In the mostly lovely Arizona weather, it is not uncommon to see people choose to ride their bikes to get around. It seems like a cheaper and healthier alternative and it is for the most part, until something goes wrong. Unfortunately, bike accidents happen because not everyone on the road is trustworthy and not every road is easy to share with a bike. It is sad to see these cases because they can be life changing. Our Arizona bike accident attorney will lead you through your case. Please read about your bike accident case, then give us a call to set up a free initial case evaluation to see what steps need to be done to make your case successful.
Common Types of Bike Accident Injuries
Injuries from a bike accident have the potential to put you in the hospital. Sometimes you need a week or two to bounce back to normal, and sometimes your recovery will never take you back to 100%. We take that into consideration when we decide on a number to ask the liable party’s insurance company for. Here are the most common types of bike accident injuries:
- Head injuries (concussion, traumatic brain injury)
- Broken or fractured bones
- Spinal cord damage
- Temporary or permanent nerve/tissue/tendon damage
- Scarring or disfigurement
There is a chance you will be affected by this for the rest of your life. You may have a ton of adrenaline running through your body after the accident and it is not uncommon for the pain of your injuries to be masked. Do not assume that you’re fine. Regardless of what you think you feel, you should get to a physician of some sort. That could be an urgent care, emergency room, or your primary doctor.
Tips to Strengthen Your Case
- Collect Evidence – If you are physically able to stay on the scene of the accident after the dust settles, it is important to collect evidence. You can do this in the form of photos and videos. You should document your bike, the vehicle that hit you, any other vehicles involved in the accident, as well as the overview of the scene. You can also take photos of any visible injuries. You should certainly get the insurance information from the driver(s) who hit you. Lastly, be sure to get contact information from any witnesses to the accident. Their testimony might be the strongest piece of evidence you have. If you are not able to stay on the scene to do this, call on a friend or family member to help you out.
- Do Not Talk to Insurance Adjusters – Shortly after the accident, you will be contacted by a representative of the liable party’s insurance company. They will be looking to get a recorded statement for you. You should never agree to this as they are trained to ask you questions that will be framed in a way that make you seem at fault for the accident. If they pin you for the full blame, you will be barred from receiving compensation. If they pin you for some of the blame, your compensation will be reduced. When they call you, you should turn them away and tell them if they want to ask questions, they can call your attorney.
- Hire an Arizona Bike Accident Attorney – It is kind of foolish to try to represent yourself in this case. You wouldn’t try to fill your own cavity, so you shouldn’t try to be your own attorney. Getting to a good and experienced attorney soon is going to be great for your case.
Statute of Limitations for Arizona
Arizona has a statute of limitations of two years. You may have never heard of the term statute of limitations before. The statute of limitations is the amount of time in which you are eligible to file your bike accident claim or to settle your claim in civil court. You may look at that number and think that you have a ton of time to get the ball rolling. It is not suggested that you wait to talk to an attorney. Life gets busy and it’s easy to put off things when you’re not well. Time get away from you and you don’t want to miss your statute of limitations because you will be barred from compensation altogether. You also do not want to delay talking to an attorney because your evidence may disappear and your witnesses may forget important details.
Call Our Office Today for a Free Consultation
You do not have to stand by and suffer the financial burden of your bike accident. Our Arizona bike accident attorney has the experience and dedication to get your claim through to a successful outcome. You are our priority and we want you to know that. You deserve the fullest and fairest amount of compensation possible and our job is to make sure that is going to happen for you.